I had another one of those moments today. Kayne and i had gone to town to get some bits. On the way home we were doing maths again (he always quizzes me when we walk!). He has been able to count by tens for quite a while.
He said to me: ' i can count my 2's'
I said: 'really?' (wondering what on Earth he meant)
Kayne: 'yes, listen....2,4,6,8,10'
Me:'.... Wow Kayne thats really great!'
I was gobsmacked, he has never done that before. A few days ago i was counting saved change in 2's and he told me to 'stop counting funny'.
Kayne: 'next comes 12, then 14,16,18,20'
Me: 'Do you know what is next?'
Kayne: 'Yeah, 22, umm,24,26,28,30
Me: ...'You did a great job. Where did you learn that?'
Kayne: 'My teacher Mrs. J taught me.'
Me: 'That was very nice of her wasn't it, did she teach you any other fun maths?'
Kayne: 'yes, how to do 5,10 ....umm 15. I can't remember.'
Me: 'that's ok, you did great maths already.'
So now he can skip count in 2s and 10s. He gets the concept of 5s but hasn't got the pattern yet. He also did some pretty good maths out of the library book we got the other day.
Saturday, 6 September 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment