Tuesday, 2 December 2008

December

I'm a little worried still about Kayne and school. He has started to tell me that he is learning his alphabet or his numbers. I feel annoyed that he is being led to believe he doesn't know them. I am feeling conflicted about the fact that he is getting mixed messages between us and school. I'm not sure whether i should be doing anything. He seems happy but slowly he has stopped asking to do anything in favour of watching TV, not that i expect him too just that he had previously and no longer is.

I must be honest and say that i am unsure whether my concern is because the provision isn't matching his ability or whether it's based on an underlying desire to keep him home where i feel he will get what he needs with none of the confusing messages from a school enviroment. Maybe a mix of both?


However Kayne has been up to a few things. He drew a pretty cool compass on his whiteboard.


I added in the NNE etc to which asked 'Why do we need them?' We shall see if it went in next time he draws one.

Kayne and I did a little shopping for Lani and whilst we were out he asked for this game: Pop to the shops. So i relented and bought it for him. You pick a card and go to the shop and then pay for the item. He is shockingly good at it considering we have done little more than name coins and thier amounts. The only point he stumbled was when he had to buy an item for £1.20. i am shocked by the age 5-9! Really?

I really like Orchard toys' stuff; it's really well made and the games are fun/playable.

No comments: